Thursday, January 10, 2013

Paleo Lifestyle Cooking - Paleo Egg Dish

December 6, 2012, Josh and I made a decision to join our local Crossfit gym, Crossfit Citadel.  Needless to say, we did not realize what a fabulous and healthy lifestyle change we were about to embark upon!

Crossfit not only entails workouts that will floor you, but the "diet" is the most important because fueling your body is a necessity to perform theWODs (Workout of the Day) to the best of your ability.

I love to post what I cook on the Paleo lifestyle and people ask me for the recipies all the time!  So....I thought what the heck, let's blog the food!!!!  Introduce it to those who have never heard of the Paleo lifestyle or have heard, but need more ideas!

Let's start out with a fabulous breakfast dish I made this morning.  Crazy thing is...I found it on Pinterest!

Paleo Egg Dish

3 strips of Bacon, halved 
1/4 cup green onions chopped
3 large eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Place the bacon strips to cover the bottom of the oven-safe bowl you are using, covering a bit of the sides as well


Cut up the green onions and sprinkle them on top of the bacon

Place the three eggs on top




Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, then 375 degrees for 10 minutes!



Take out and let cool for 5 minutes.  You can add a little bit of sea salt and pepper if you like. It will still be hot, but so yummy!  I could not eat the whole thing this morning b/c it was so filling and I was full until lunchtime.  Great source of protein!

Happy Paleo Cooking! 





No comments:

Post a Comment