Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Paleo is.....Pesto Shrimp w/ Squash Fettuccine

I have people ask me all the time, "I have heard of Paleo, but what exactly is it?"  I found a GREAT explaination on Pinterest to help those new to the lifestyle to understand....


With that said...let me give you a great recipe I once, again, found in "Practical Paleo" that kept me full for hours.  I made this for dinner last night for Josh and me.  It is FULL of fresh flavors and lean proteins.

Pesto Shrimp with Squash Fettuccine


1-1.5 lbs of shrimp, devined and tail-less
1/2 cup Macadamian nuts
1 clove garlic, smashed
1 bunch of cilantro
(up to 1/4 cup) EVOO or coconut oil
Sea Salt and Pepper
4 yellow squash, julianned

Place nuts, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper into a food processor and an amount of EVOO to wet the ingredients.  Puree until it becomes a slight paste, adding EVOO as needed to lighten the consistancy. 
Set aside.


Take a veggie peeler or julianne tool and slice the 4 yellow squash. 
They should look like fettuccine  noodles when you finish. 
Cut down to the soft part (the seeds will begin to show)



Steam the squash for about 3-5 minutes, remove into large bowl.
Place the shrimp in the steamer for 6 minutes or until pink



As the shrimp are steaming, add the pesto to the squash "noodles" and gently toss.


Once shrimp is pink and well-done, add on top of squash "noodles" and
pesto mix and toss slightly more.  ENJOY!



Remember, you cannot add cheese to keep this Paleo.  As much as I wanted, I totally resisted.... :)
This pesto really packs a punch with flavor...so be prepared!!

HAPPY PALEO COOKING!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment